email email@example.com today.
Michael Gillespie – Owner, Drill for Band .com
Over 13 years of experience writing and over two dozen affiliations with marching programs, teaching and designing, are here to help you have a stress free and successful season.
Don’t waste your time with inexperienced drill writers!
I have been a high school band director, middle school band director and a marching and music technician at numerous high schools of all sizes and backgrounds. I am a musician first and know how to make the music scores you send me come to life on the football field and be achievable and recognized by judges and audiences. I understand the importance of high music scores.
I have judged many high school competitions in music effect, visual effect, music performance individual and ensemble and marching performance. I have an informed, realistic and practical understanding of what high school marching bands are looking to achieve and how the judging sheets and community perceive them. I am able write drill that satisfies the nuance of student leadership, classroom management, and developmentally appropriate staging and motion for high school learners.
Yes, I have worked at some AMAZING award winning drum and bugle corps; however my priority is to write you a show that will make your life easier. I am extremely easy to work with and you can check out my testimonials page for more information on that. When you hire me you’ll receive a short and concise drill questionnaire that will help me understand your needs. I can deliver anything from a DCI caliber show to a 15 page show for bands that meet once a week. My 2011 design for a DCA corps won first in visual design at the championships or if you would like a show that will be easily taught, clear effect, excellent staging and never sacrifices musical achievement I can provide that too.
Some drill writers don’t have a musical bone in their body. I do!
As a professional trumpeter I have toured the world many times over. From national and global touring Broadway shows to playing split-lead with the World Famous Glenn Miller Orchestra in Japan I will help you help your students perform musically at their highest level. Check out my Experiences page for more information. The instrumentation and scores you send me are more than just symbols.
- Cavaliers Drum & Bugle Corps member 2005, 2006 (world champion winners), 2007 (soloist)
- Carolina Crown Drum & Bugle Corps member 2002
- Pride of Oklahoma member 2007
- Jordan High School Alum 2000-2004
- Visual Teacher – Santa Clara Vanguard Drum & Bugle (Santa Clara, CA) 2011-2014
- Director of Bands – Croatan High School (Newport, NC) 2010-2011
- Brass Teacher – Cavaliers Drum & Bugle Corps (Chicago, IL) 2010
- Visual Caption Head – Carolina Gold Drum & Bugle Corps 2010
- Marching Band Tech – Panther Creek High School 2006, 2009
- Marching Band Tech – Wakefield High School (Raleigh, NC) 2009-2010
- Marching Band Tech – Enloe High School 2009, 2011
- Marching Band Tech – Moore High School (Moore, OK) 2008
- Marching Band Tech – Green Hope High School (Cary, NC) 2006
- Marching Band Tech – Jordan High School (Durham, NC) 2004-2005
- Middle School Band Director – The Harbour School, Hong Kong, 2017-2019